With Direct3D support added, you should see a huge increase in performance on cards that support Direct3D better than OpenGL. Slider rendering issues on integrated graphics card are gone.
Some other things that were added in this release:
- Ability to watch replays of online scores.
- Progress display while playing a map to tell how far into the song you are.
- Local audio offset for beatmaps.
- Shake animation when hitting objects too early.
- Adds hold circle hitsounding to the editor.
- Adds cleaner transitions between the menu/list/results screen.