Login

Register
Announcements related to Hexis.
Introducing a new score format that favors accuracy over combo!

This format replaces the previous score format which heavily depended on the max combo. In other words, an extremely good playthrough of a map could be ruined just by breaking your combo on a slider or missing one circle. A person with low accuracy but combo would have a higher score than a person with near perfect accuracy but missed one circle in the middle of the map. In a rhythm game, combo shouldn't be the deciding factor on the overall score, but rather the accuracy you have in keeping the rhythm with the music. This is where the new score format comes in. Accuracy now has a significantly higher weight on your score than the combo. A simple breakdown of how scores are displayed in Hexis:

single score: The maximum score you can get on a map is 1 million points and then some for spinner bonuses. The only way to achieve 1 million points is to achieve 100% accuracy.

weighted score: In game (and online, eventually), you will see a different score on the score track and the leaderboard than the single score that displays on the top right of the playfield and on the results screen. This is your weighted score. It factors beatmap difficulty and selected mods into the single score. This is the score that will be compared with other

Please try the new scoring format. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :good:
Finally! Will play and let you know how it feels asap.

[00:15] <Andrea> Hi I made insane for my map for hexis, who wanna do rest
[00:15] * Sven kills Andrea

The 1M system works pretty great, and I assume the weighted score isn't complete yet as mods do not seem to affect your score in the map's rankings.

[00:15] <Andrea> Hi I made insane for my map for hexis, who wanna do rest
[00:15] * Sven kills Andrea

You my good sir are amazing. The combo based scoring was the main reason I quit osu so making it so that you now favor accuracy over combo has meant I booted up hexis straight away. It's good to finally play again without having to deal with rubbish scoring systems! Great job!
I know accuracy is pretty important at this kind of games, but does half combo of 99% (2 halves of combo) beats a full combo rank of 96%? There should been a ballance between combo and accuracy, not just full combing at any cost or doing A's of 99's% acc.
Its actually pretty awesome that the deciding factor is accuracy and not combo after all its a rhythm game and not a combo game
Image The one and only