Login

Register
Announcements related to Hexis.
I've been working on the things that were on my to-do list that I've been avoiding for a very long time due to how much of a hassle they are like rewriting a system in the engine that affects almost everything else in the game which would require each thing it affects to be addressed individually. Some changes in this release:

• The startup process of Hexis has been optimized and organized in a way which allowed me to add a simple splash screen to the game.
  • New notification system shows notifications in an outlined box and when a player you follow signs onto the network, their avatar is displayed with the notification.
    I will make more use of these fancy notifications.
  • Resources have been separated into its own file rather then being embedded in the executable. Because the resources aren't updated as often as the game itself, updates are now much faster as these resources don't have to be redownloaded with the executable every time a new update is released.

Almost everything else that was changed is in the background. Getting these tedious tasks off of the to-do list make improving Hexis a more pleasant experience and easier to do which means adding new features and finding and fixing bugs should be faster than before.

The editor is progressing and is almost where I want it to be. Once it is, I can move on to working on the networking and adding features like spectating, multiplayer, and ranking.

As always, bug reports are always much appreciated. :good:
Nice news after a month lull! Please don't throw the great occupation. We'll support you as diligently as we can. Thank you, waiting more news and goodluck. :victory:
Thank you for the kind words. :)
Great stuff, I just noticed those notifications! :D
Pretty notifications :3
Also also nice code refactoring, as a developer I know how much of a pain it is to refactor stuff that affects every single class in the game :good:

[00:15] <Andrea> Hi I made insane for my map for hexis, who wanna do rest
[00:15] * Sven kills Andrea

Oh wow Daniel, this is very awesome. I can't believe that went so far, you've made something very good!
Hope to see much more in the future o/
Hi.