Login

Register
Announcements related to Hexis.
This latest update adds the rewritten networking system using RakNet as its networking engine. This makes implementing new features on the networking side of things easier. To test it out, I decided to try and add spectating to the game.

To spectate a player, you simply need to press F9 to bring up the player list, then click on the player you want to spectate, and lastly click the "Spectate Player" button. You must have the same beatmap they're playing to be able to watch them. Spectating is not yet perfect as there are some bugs which will be fixed soon.

Some other additions to the game:
  • Hidden and NoFail mods
  • Main menu background changes to the background of the song that's playing.
    Spoiler: show
  • Dialog when clicking on player's user box gives options such as viewing profile, spectating, and following players.
  • You can now click on links in the IRC chat (finally!)
  • A volume overlay was added which displays when changing the current master volume using the scroll wheel or keyboard

Many other changes were made to the game which can be seen on the changelog here.

I've started working on the theming system for the game. With the ability to use 9-patch images you can change the way the UI looks without nasty scaling. For example, here's what a themed dialog window could look like:

Here's what the image used to make that looks like:

The game cuts this small image into 9 patches and all but the corners are stretched to the desired size.

Anyways, making good progress so far. As always, bug reports are always much appreciated. :good:
Great update! Nice work. :grin:
Hexis Pro Mod
Follow Hexis on Twitter
Geekube Network | Geekube.com | Geekube Italia | Geekube Forum

Buy games at low prices | Click below

I love you guys :highfive: Maybe post this update in twitter?
Will definitely organize to manage hexis' twitter

Image deviantART
Image Twitter
Image YouTube
Image Facebook
Wish I could play it o3o
Hi.
Good Work Daniel!!)
Takuya wrote:Will definitely organize to manage hexis' twitter

I will really appreciate this
Wow, nice update! Nice work! :good:

Takuya wrote:Will definitely organize to manage hexis' twitter